Issues? this should help:
*Tutorial in Japanese: 日本語チュートリアル
Track not loading?
Sometimes GPX files have random points that confuse our server...
Specially if they contain multiple tracks...
Please try to re-export it with this tool: http://bit.ly/GPX_export
If it still doesn't load, please send it via e-mail (help [at] nicetrails.com) and we'll try to upload it on our side and come back to you.
DON'T HAVE A GPX FILE?
So, you want a mountain that you climbed before the GPS-era and now you don't have the track... don't worry, it is doable: you can do the following:
Terrain looking too flat?
Use the left-side slider to exaggerate the altitude and give it a dramatic look :)
With / Without track
If you just want a mountain, without track, you can draw a generic track and then hide it on the 3D viewer:
view & edit your trail in 3D
Use the mouse to navigate in 3D:
rotate = left mouse click + drag
zoom = right mouse click + drag
Order a 3D Print
A nice gift and a personal trophy of your own achievements.
It will look awesome on your desk or shelf, and will impress your friends and family when they see the amazing places you have been.
We will fabricate your trails as a real objects with 3D printing.
What is nicetrails?
It is an tool to visualise GPS tracks in 3D and order them as real objects.
Why do I need this?
To share: view and share your outdoor activities in 3D.
As a gift & memory: a personal trophy of your own achievements.
How much does it cost?
Price: €99 - €149 - €249 - Free worldwide shipping included.
How can I create a 3D track?
Uploading a GPS track (.gpx file) on the main page of nicetrails.com will load a 3D visualisation of your track.
How to get a GPS track?
Most GPS trackers like Garmin device or Suunto watches create .gpx files.
If you use a GPS tracking App on your Android or IOS, you normally can download tracks as .gpx files.
Trail sharing sites like Strava, Wikiloc or Trails.com also allow you to download .gpx files.
Which kind of track can I use on nicetrails.com?
Any kind of trails will work; short, long, hiking trails, cycling trails…
You can use a short family walk, to 5 days climb to Kilimanjaro.
Check the gallery for examples.
Tracks <100km look nicer, as the altitude is more visible.
Material and Quality?
The trophies are 3D Printed in full color,
Made in Sandstone (gypsum-based powder bound together with an adhesive and simultaneously embedded with an ink jet head.)
- The prints are hard, rigid and slightly brittle.
- This material is not watertight, not dishwasher safe, not recyclable, and not food-safe.
- Intended for decorative purposes.
- To be kept away from heat, water and avoid contact with electricity.
- The colors used are similar to Inkjet Printer coloring.
- Prints are coated with a protective layer, but caution with scratches and exposure to strong UV is recommended.
- 3D print in colour is a novel technology, and it is not as vivid and detailed as a printed photo. Colours tend to be a bit darker and large terrain features like valleys, rivers and peaks are visible, but not in sharp detail.